Friday, September 17, 2010

Week Two: Grade Anxiety ! (Amongst Other Stuff)

The second week here at UAF has, basically, come and gone at this point. And I sit here, gazing out at the amazing view and am working on smoothing out my adrenal function. Because I got back my first Theatre History essay today. And I could have done better. And I will. I am fairly certain that I am fully capable. But seeing the writing in red pen listing my score versus what was possible has me......anxious. I absolutely have to maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA to continue my scholarship. As a result, every little falter and flub has me concerned. Add to that my still needing to locate additional income sources and various other issues and it's understandable that I currently have a tension headache.

With that kvetching out of the way, I do have to say that I think I have begun to gain the respect of my professors and, I hope, my fellow students. With fortune that will continue.

Auditions for the Fall mainstage production are tomorrow and I admit some curiosity about the actors in the department. While it is impossible to do (both as a practical matter and as a matter of respect for all involved) I admit that I would like to sneak a peek at the process....

Also tomorrow is the opening of an indoor "butterfly garden" at the UAF Museum Of The North. I may find myself there at some point, if only for the mental and spiritual recharge.

Still hammering out the visual imagery I want to present for the mainstage scenic design(s). Those are due near mid-day on Tuesday (09/21/10). And I need to complete some reading for Theatre History and write my next essay for that class. And possibly take it (my essay) to the writing center for their review and suggestions.
Plus an exercise on electricity for my Lighting Design class. And figuring out potential topics for my Dramatic Literature paper so I can have a meeting with that professor later in the week/next week. Not an awful list....but it will keep me occupied over this weekend.

That said I should get to work. More later.......

No comments:

Post a Comment