Monday, June 4, 2012

Drought, Then Flood.....Or So It Seems.

Well.....It's been an interesting few days. Actually, to be more specific, an interesting last 48 hours (+/-).

Since this is intended to be a brief update (other stuff to do....stuff to accomplish) I'll work at keeping it short. So.......Late on Friday/early Saturday, after what was seeming to be a total wash on all the resumes I had submitted so far for Summer gigs, I saw that there was a new, last minute job posting on Backstagejobs.com seeking a Scenic Carpenter for an opera company in Saratoga Springs NY. So I sent out my resume. Then late Saturday/early Sunday got a message back that they wanted to do a phone interview. Had that (various details being expurgated at the moment due to time....I'll potentially add more detail later) and had to wait to see what the artistic directors decision was. That was supposed to occur this afternoon (Eastern Standard Time). Shortly after the interview for them, I finally got another email back from the theatre in NH (which I believe I mentioned in a previous posting) asking to set up a phone interview with them too. So I emailed back within thirty minutes or so but have not heard back yet.....I was hoping to have spoken with them by now so that, when the opera company calls/emails back with a decision I would have things to compare....IF, of course, either or both make any offers. The opera gig would need me to fly out.....tomorrow. It would be that quick. The NH gig would not start till the 26th of June and then end after the last show opens/whenever my final responsibilities are complete....Or Labor Day, whichever is applicable.

I'll be candid: I really would like the one in NH. I applied for the position of scenic designer for the season of four musicals. It would be an awesome portfolio builder. Admittedly, when the contact there emailed me back the first time (a couple of weeks back) and asked if I would also consider positions such as carpentry or props I did say that, even though I consider myself a designer/scenographer, I would be open to other work as well. So while I am presuming that the interview will be for the scenic design gig it could be for something else......sigh.

Anyway that is the crush of action over the last 72 hours or so.

No matter what happens, it did point out a lesson to me: I should start keeping a '30 plus days' bag packed (or at least ready to be packed) at all times. Just in case.

Time to get back to other projects.....More details/updates when applicable.

No comments:

Post a Comment