Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Bit Of Misc..... 07/11/10

It's been a bit since the last entry....And a few things have happened:

1) According to a post on the UAF Facebook page on July 9th, the Residence Life Office should be sending the housing assignment letters out this coming week. So I'll know soon what my room-mate status and such will be.

2) Another post on the UAF Facebook page (also on July 9th) has led me to an additional scholarship that I might qualify for...Still hunting more details about it and hoping.....

3) I've begun packing for the dorm. Yes, I still have 56 days (+/- 18 hours or so) till my flight leaves St Louis for Fairbanks. But all things considered I'd rather be way early than crushed for time.

4) As you could probably tell from #3, I already have my Fairbanks ticket reserved. Frontier Airlines. They only fly in and out of AK during the "Summer" so my flight in will be one of the last ones they will have for the season (they stop flying into Fairbanks about Sept 10th..My flight is on Sept 6th).

5) Given flight costs and such, I am planning to "Winter over" on campus rather than coming back down for the Winter Holidays.....Once I get my housing assignment I'll be able to fill out the required forms. If I get the dorm I requested, I should be able to just stay in my same room.....

6) I'm already looking for a Summer 2011 gig that would start after classes end and end before classes start again in the Fall....I'll be working the department up there for contacts/ideas as well but if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Getting more and more excited by the day....

No comments:

Post a Comment