Monday, July 26, 2010

A Short Little List Of Ramblings.....

Newest items:

** I think I have my essay for the "re-entering, non-traditional student" scholarship I've previously mentioned pretty well locked in. The only thing is that, as of this moment, it totals up to 340 words. And the email I have from the Financial Aid Office says "about 500 words"....sigh. Of course, another essay I submitted and which got my tuition reduced to resident level rather than non-resident was all of 316 words total. And I believe that was a "500 word maximum" requirement. So.....shrug. Of course, they still need to send out the official email with deadline and who to send it to and all. I hope to see that email this week, since the prior one said that the projected deadline would be mid August.....

** Found that the theatre department has updated the web page for the upcoming (Fall 2010-Spring 2011) season. And I have to admit that I am hopeful as far as production assignments may end up being. I won't say too much because I don't want to go all "cart before horses" and such. I'll just say that my hope is for good stuff for my portfolio......

** Still needing to get the whole "medical tests/vaccinations" out of the way. The main ones are the TB test and getting a meningitis vaccination. And as long as I can get records from my prior doctors I should be good for tetanus and mumps and all, based on my recollection of things.

** I was pleased to discover that the US Postal Service priority mail flat rate does appear to include Alaska. I had been a little worried thanks to some other folks comments...But even tho' it will take a bit longer then in the lower 48 the price remains the same. Which will almost certainly be a benefit for when I pack my tools (amongst other things).....

Like I said in the subject line, a short-ish list......More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment