Sunday, August 1, 2010

Horses. Carts. Hopes For The Season. And Probably A Ramble Or Two....

Been about a week so here is what is new-ish:

**Still hammering out the essay for the "re-entering, non-traditional student" scholarship I have mentioned. And attempting to avoid repetition and any maudlin-ness that might creep in....
I have the deadline now (the Financial Aid Office sent an email with the details to my UAF email address, which I had not activated until this week (shrug and sigh)). And once the Financial Aid Office confirms if the essay should be emailed as an attachment or in the body of the email I'll be submitting it. So by the middle of this week I should be switching from "anxiety over writing the essay" mode to "anxiety over if the essay I wrote will get me the grant/scholarship" mode.

** Still have some paperwork to fill out. And some medical tests to have done. Current plans have me getting that stuff accomplished around the second week of August (very roughly).

** Found out what the season is planned to be for Theatre UAF. The link for it is:

http://www.uaf.edu/theatre/season-%28show%29-information/

I find myself wondering what sort of "competition" I will be facing for production assignments. I know that the department is intimate (one of the reasons I was interested in going there....). I just want to be able, beyond learning new stuff and tightening up my existing skills, to do good work and have a bunch of stuff for my portfolio. Color me both excited and anxious...which, I suppose, is oftentimes the same thing.

** I have my PO Box address....And although, just like was the case for my "physical address" which I already posted, I do have some worries about privacy issues (this being the big, bad internet and all) I'll go ahead and post it here too:

Carl L Sage
University Of Alaska Fairbanks
PO Box 752542
Fairbanks AK
99775-2542

So if any care packages of lemon bars, Coke, etc are being mailed via US Post, that's where to address them.

** Finding myself rather anxiety prone over the issue of shipping my tools. Aside from my DVD/CD binder(s) they are amongst the heaviest things I'll be packing....I'll be spreading the mass between luggage pieces but given the nature of the tools I can't put much, if any, of them in carry-on. They have to go into checked luggage. Or be mailed.....

** As for packing, I admit I also have some anxieties regarding the fact that I will be approximately 3,800 miles from any of the personal items I leave behind. Yes, it is a fine exercise in "decreasing ones attachments". Philosophically a good thing and one that I am continuing to work on. But as a practical matter, it's slightly more daunting. In the past, when I have gone off to gigs, I could cheat the weight of some of my luggage since I normally traveled via Greyhound. With the whole "flying in" situation that is not an available option.

I have a sure certainty (as Mr Lincoln once coined a phrase) that there was more to say but at the moment that is all I have....Additional ramblings later.

No comments:

Post a Comment