Saturday, August 14, 2010

Semi Generic Early Saturday Afternoon Ramblings

A few things to comment on, all tho' they will almost certainly be in no real particular order nor will they be "Earth shaking" in import....

** My requested Priority Mail flat rate boxes have arrived. Now it is just a matter of filling them and mailing the "immediate needs" ones off to Fairbanks so that they are there when (or at least soon after) I arrive. Of course, I can't pack most of my tools until my last work call here. But at least now I have boxes to give me specific size limits, etc.

** Still needing to finish up the medical paperwork that is required for incoming students. And I admit that this is the first time I can recall filling out such a thing without being able to, when my memory has a gap, give my Mom a call and get info from her. Sigh. There are certain moments when I miss her...and Dad...more than I normally do.

** The deadline for the Osher Re-Entry Scholarship was yesterday, the 13th of August. And I had my essay in for over a week prior to that. So, needless to say (but I'll say it anyway), I am a fair bit anxious and agitated waiting to hear whether or not I will be one of the 12 selected recipients.

** One more "big build" (at least that I am currently aware of) for the next show here ("State Fair"). A pick-up truck unit. I've been working on the back half and and I am a fair way along on it, tho' some parts have been changed as of yesterday. Which means some modification time before I can move on to the front section. I am really hoping that this will be a big enough "me project" and will look good enough that it will be able to take a noticeable place in my portfolio.

** On the subject of portfolios: I still have a wide spectrum of fabrication images on the micro-sd card in my phone (I've been taking the fabrication shots with my cell phone camera, since I'd rather avoid potential shop damage to my good digital camera and the image quality of my "crash cam" is, in general, poorer than that of my cell phone camera). And I understand that there are archival photo disks available thru the production offices. So sometime before my 1st portfolio review session at UAF I will be spending some quality time with Irfanview and Photoshop to get things organized.

** To end on a note that makes me smile -- I've commented on this before elsewhere but I have to share another reason I suspect I will enjoy my time in Fairbanks: The URL below takes you to a page detailing the official "7th inning stretch" music for the Alaska Goldpanners of Fairbanks - Now that is style !! Enjoy!

http://www.goldpanners.com/PannerVision/devices/index.html


More ramblings to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment