Sunday, April 28, 2013

Title Pending....Please Bear With Me.

A bit of a stream of consciousness entry....Might be short. Might ramble a bit too....anyway.

 Updates and new-ish stuff:

** We (the UAF Theatre and Film Department/students in the department) have had an opportunity to meet and greet and have 'master classes' with the final two candidates for the currently vacant faculty position. It was interesting, especially as someone who has done the student directing thing, to see what the candidates had to say/show.....Decisions/offers will (as far as I know) be made this coming week. So perhaps before the end of finals we might know who the new faculty member might be.....

** Speaking of student directing -- I submitted my packet to the SDA for review and approval for directing/designing Antigone for the Fall version of Winter Shorts this last week. And had some feedback in the SDA meeting. So I've done some editing to the text in hopes of making it more 'manageable' for actors, etc.....Also it was suggested that I rethink my initial scenographic idea(s) and 'go beyond my comfort zone' since I 'already have an example of periaktoi' in my portfolio. Which, really, is a good point. So I'm working on that. Even though I have yet to get the official go ahead and approval for the project.

** The annual juried student art show is underway and one of my submissions (Mother and Child Bentwood) was selected. While I am saddened that only one of the three items I submitted made it in, and that I was not selected as an award winner, at least I got something into the show. Which is not a bad accomplishment, given that it's only one of the first shows I've ever entered. There was the showcase during the Festival of Native Arts. And then the Sustainable Art Show (where I got a certificate for 'Best Use Of Natural Materials'). And now this one. So yeah, kinda happy about that.

** Got a gig in New Jersey for the Summer. I will be the TD for a group called the Ocean Professional Theatre Company. I will also be doing two of the scenic designs for the season (Anything Goes and Thoroughly Modern Millie). A bit nervous. But hopeful.

I'm certain that there are other things to share/speak of/etc...But I really need to get back to homework and prep for a work call for the SDA Monkey Ball......So more later.




 http://www.gofundme.com/1txdbo








No comments:

Post a Comment