Monday, July 25, 2011

An Early Start For 2012?

Well with the exception of a single class that I am waiting on instructor approval for I am registered for the Fall semester. And now, all other things not-withstanding, I find myself considering various other things I'd like to accomplish. The sad/funny/silly thing is that these goals are not really school related, nor are they anything that will happen before next year (Summer 2012) at the earliest. And I still will have at least one more semester here at UAF (the Fall of 2012) before I have all the credits/etc I need to graduate....But even so, I'll share some of the plans/ideas. And, as always, I welcome comments/suggestions/etc.

In absolutely no specific order or preference:

WorldCon. 2012's WorldCon will, once again, be in Chicago. This will be at least the 4th year that that has been the case and so I expect that they will have stuff organized pretty well. I've always wanted to do the WorldCon thing. And even though I have not lived in Northern IL for some years I still have a basic knowledge of the area. However, a primary issue there is that WorldCon always falls on the "cross-over" between August and September. Which means that it will potentially conflict with the first day(s) of classes here at UAF.....

San Diego Comic Con. Calender-wise a better bet. It falls during the 3rd weekend of July. Which only becomes an issue depending on any Summer gigs I might have next year.....

My long hoped for, long delayed, trip to Japan. I have promised myself to do it before I end up saying "I always wanted to...". And, depending on Fall enrollment at UAF and the entire grad school plan next Summer would potentially be a good time for it.

Grad school. Yep. Still sifting and sorting schools. Again, depending on the UAF graduation situation, something I need to figure out.

I had also been thinking about the other international trip I'd like to make but with the Olympics being in London next year I think it might be wiser to wait on that.....

Shrug. Not many factoids or real points in this entry I guess. Just a ramble. That's my brain today. More (perhaps more detailed) stuff later.

No comments:

Post a Comment